Monday 2 November 2015

Task I - Costume Shots

The costume that I had in mind for my actor to wear is very simple, the song I have chosen is Rap/Hip-Hop so I wanted to stick towards the genre. I think the costume I have decided on will fit with the stereotypes, and common look of people who listen to/make rap/hip-hop songs. 

Jeans



I chose jeans because they are casual, and usually associated with gangsters or indie personalities. For my video I need my actor to look like he could potentially be part of a gang, and to look laid back, casual and wear American style clothing, jeans in either blue or black help complete that look. 

Hoodie



Hoodies are associated with casual wear, and sometimes stereotyped to be clothing for gang members or gangsters. As seen in Rap/Hip-Hop videos, artists usually wear them, which shows that it is a common item of clothing, it also shows that its popular with rappers and therefore, I want my actor to look like a rapper, so that he fits the part of playing J.Cole. A black hoodie would go with black jeans and the grey will go with the blue jeans, and I will most likely alternate during my music video. 

T-Shirt


I also want my actor to wear a plain t-shirt for the opening shots of the music video, this shows that he is very casual, and laid back. A plain t-shirt just gives him the impression of being simple, and showing he is humble, and not looking to wear massive brands. When you see American teens or young adults, that are associated with rap/hip-hop music, they wear plain white/black t-shirts, this is because it is a type of trend or stereotypical item of clothing. 

Accessories


During my music video, I want to shoot some close ups of my actor, and I want the above accessories to be clearly visible during the close ups. I specifically want the black leather strapped watch, but not for any particular reason, I personally really like that style of watches and I think if I went for a full metal watch, especially gold or silver, it would be too predictable as its often seen that rappers or rich artists wear flashy watches and chains. Whereas I would like my actor to be different, and I want my take on J.Cole to be original. 







No comments:

Post a Comment